1. Everything in America is huge.
2. Including the creepy-crawlies.
3. American healthcare costs what it does because of (a) widespread, mild hypochondria and (b) creepy-crawly-borne diseases.
4. American food is now too rich for my palette.
5. Big weddings are more trouble than they’re worth.
6. A supportive family can turn a hell into, if not exactly a paradise, at least a reasonably tolerable purgatory.
7. Virgin Atlantic is my new favourite airline, and I won’t hear a word spoken against Sir Richard ever again.
8. It’s good to be back home in the UK, for another 28 days anyway.